WIN provides our members with opportunities to volunteer and work for campaigns, shape the agenda for the next generation of Democrats and pro-choice activists, and train to meet the demands of political work and public office. WIN members are committed to supporting a pro-choice, Democratic agenda. WINners network, share resources, and offer each other encouragement to promote change on Capitol Hill, across the country, and around the globe.
Our power is in our collective action. We work to protect a woman's right to access medically accurate information and safe, affordable reproductive healthcare services. Every lecture and information session we host, social event we sponsor, and volunteer activity we promote is designed with this end in mind - to provide our membership with ways to gain power through experience and to take political action.
In 2010, WIN's Political Team:
- Organized a Congressional Council reception featuring 11 Representatives which was attended by over 100 WIN members
- Educated and mobilized our membership about what was at stake for women in the health care reform process, wall street reform, and violence against women
- Partnered with local organizations to make a difference in our community by doing everything from building safe sex kits to cleaning up community space
- Asserted WIN as a political player in the
larger political community by organizing phone banks, canvasses and a
GOTV happy hour with other political organizations in a branded campaign
- VA is for WINners
- Represented WIN's political values and mission within WIN-wide events, including our Membership Happy Hours and Women Opening Doors for Women