The Women’s Information Network provides financial assistance for women who support and believe in WIN’s pro-choice, Democratic values, living in the DMV area who cannot afford the full cost of a WIN membership.
Recipients of the WIN Membership Scholarship will each receive an “Entry Level” membership for one year, valued at $40.
In order to qualify for a scholarship, applicants must:
- Be at least be 18 years old
- Demonstrate a commitment to WIN’s core values, specifically:
- Supporting women, professionally and politically;
- Supporting Democratic candidates, and promoting Democratic values;
- Defending our pro-choice values and a woman’s right to choose;
- Training and empowering young women to become the next generation of leaders in Washington and beyond.
- NOT be a current WIN member
- Commit to actively participate in the WIN community by attending network events and other regular programming
- Agree to promote WIN among friends, colleagues, co-workers, and broader network
- Demonstrate a commitment to giving back to WIN either through volunteering, serving on a leadership team, or in some other way.
- Demonstrate some degree of economic hardship
Scholarship Program FAQ’s:
- Who is able to apply to the WIN Member Scholarship Program?
- Any women (and those persons who identify as women) who support and believe in WIN’s pro-choice, Democratic values, living in the DMV, AND who fulfills the eligibility requirements
- How do I submit an application?
- Please submit the google form embedded below
- I was a recipient of a Membership Scholarship in the past. Can I apply again?
- No. We would like to reserve scholarships to introduce or re-introduce WIN to our local women
- When will the WIN scholarship recipients be announced?
- Scholarship applications close every 15th of the month by midnight. Our WIN Chair, Finance Director, and Membership Director will review and discuss all applications. Applicants will be notified of our decision by the 20th of each month.
- What if I submit my application on the 16th of the month?
- A decision on your application will be made the following month and you will be notified of our decision by the 20th of that month.
- I have a question not answered by the FAQ section.
- Please send our Membership Director an email with the subject line “Scholarship Program” to email@example.com
Scholarship applications are due the 15th of each month by midnight. Applicants will be notified of their approval or rejection by the 20th of each month.
To apply, please fill out the form below. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.